Thursday, September 25, 2008

Wow, time is flying by.

Is it just me, or does time seem to be going quicker? Had a lovely public holiday yesterday. The weather was lovely & John & I just relaxed & spent the time reading & doing more crosswords.

Today has been lovely too,with my two helpers here today getting the garden & my house into shape.It's only once a week,but I enjoy having the day off,although I can't say that I did anything remarkable with my time.

Only two weeks tomorrow 'till we leave for Aussie. So we've started to organize things a bit.
Had a bit of a clear out yesterday, going through our wardrobes.Finally plucked up the courage to give away all the clothes that we haven't worn for a long time. (Plus it will give us reason to replenish some things) John & I aren't extravagant most of the time,but it's simply stupid to keep items that are not being used. I bet there are other people out there who wear their favorite things over & over again. I'm sure that it's just good old human nature to have favorites.

We still haven't had any rain for ages & we really need it,however much you water,even with sprinklers it is as nothing compared to a good shower of rain.

A poor family 3 doors down from our house had their house burn down on Tuesday.It was a great spectator attraction with flames leaping into the air & an awful lot of smoke.The Fire service took half an hour to arrive so not much was saved. One of those occasions when one says thank God it wasn't us!!

I have enjoyed reading Hazel & Heidi's blogs,& have to admire their creativeness. My life appears quite dull in comparison, but that's another story about the empty nest syndrome !!

Well, I must get on & decide what we are having for supper tonight.So will love you & leave you all for now.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

busy as a bee.....

Hazel said...

Wow! Your Aussie trip is coming up soon, yes time does seem to go quicker (I think it's as we get older). Glad you are able to get your house spic and span, that's something I could do with at the moment while I adjust to being back at work full time. I will be part time after Christmas so that will be easier.
It's nice to clear out your wardrobe once in a while. I'm sure you will find some lovely things to buy on holiday.
Lots of love
Hazel xx