Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Back from our holiday.

Well the wonderful break away from it all is already just a memory,as the day to day activities once more take precidence. We had a really lovely time though & the weather was a lot warmer than we had anticipated.We took two trips out, to Graskop & Sabie, & on both occasions had pancakes for lunch. They are very popular & yummy too.The rest of the time we did what we had promised & chilled out with a good read. I managed to fit in 4 treatments for myself, 2 detoxing & de-stressing back massages, some reflexology & a wonderful foot treatment with dead sea mud. We both slept very well,but I couldn't stop myself from waking as soon as the sun rose. It really is a great place to unwind & the standards never change.Next time though we will be able to enjoy another heated pool which was nearly finished.
Our workmen arrived monday morning to finish off our two bay windows at the front of the house.We incured some damage when we were broken into last month,so as we needed to have that repaired thought it wise to do a proper job. They look a lot better,but we will no doubt still have to replace them one day,as they are all of 80 years old!!
I have some catching up to do & have just read Heidis' blog.Next will be Hazels'. I must say that they are both great writers.
I managed my first Yoga class for a couple of weeks & was pleasantly surprised that I wasn't too stiff. We did do a fair bit of walking though so I don't feel too bad.
Our home was still here when we returned.The alarm was repaired on the morning of our trip as it kept giving wrong signals,it was certainly a relief to find that it is alright now.
Can't think of anymore for now, but it's a start. Bye bye.Gilly.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

welcome home mum, glad you had fun. sorry its always over so quick.

Gill and Tony said...

Glad you had a nice relaxing time, Gilly. Those treatments sound wonderful, just the job. Good to hear you've got the windows repaired. It's onwards and upwards now! Love you both lots T&G xx

Hazel said...

I'm pleased you were able to relax and enjoy your break Mum. I have never had a massage (well except a head massage by the hairdresser!)
Sounds like they did you a lot of good and even made you supple for your yoga class!
Good news that the alarm is working as it should.
Love and kisses
Hazel xx